miércoles, 9 de agosto de 2006

As tall as lions


Indie / Ambient / Rock
Long Island, United States

Web
MySpace
Purevolume

Componentes: Dan, Saen, Cliff, and Julio

British influenced contemporary indie rock. They harness the creativity of 70's rock, the lush tones of ambient pop, and the passion of '80s groups such as The Smiths. SmartPunk

Discografia:

-Lafcadio (2004)(Triple Crown Records)
1. Break Blossom
2. 96 Heartbeats
3. Silhouettes / Silhouetting
4. Carousel, The -mp3-
5. Acrobat
6. Why We Cry At Movies
7. If I'm Not Out Burning
8. My Glowing Morning Dreams
9. Ghost In Drag, A
10. Blowing Out A Wish
11. Goodnite, Noises Everywhere
(BestBuy)
-Deep Sleeper -mp3- (Tema incluido en la edición japonesa)


-As tall as lions (8-8-2006)(Triple Crown Records)



1. Stab City
2. Summer
3. A Break A Pause
4. Love Love Love (Love Love) +
5. Ghosts of York + -mp3-
6. Milk and Honey
7. Be Here Now
8. Kickin' Myself
9. Mariah
10. Maybe I'm Just Tired
(SmartPunk)

+Escúchalas en Purevolume
Ahora puedes escuchar el disco en AbsolutPunk aqui

Don't miss "Love Love Love (Love Love)," which has a soulful Jeff Buckley "Everybody Here Wants You" vibe.-Stereogum


Love Love Love (Love Love) (lyrics)
Have I
ever told you before
I think you're beautiful when
you're sleeping?
I have faith you watch me in
my slumber, too.
If I'm
all that you're looking for,
tell me,
why is there a river streaming
down your face?
Sometimes makes me wonder
all about your
love.

After some time
it's something i find true. Love's
not a grave, it won't decay
on you.
Too many days I was afraid
of love.

What
if nothing is just that and
suffering's the only thing we're good
at?
Dreaming, picture that
a whole world in a slumber.
But don't get
too attatched to the living,
even every single memory's
fleeting.
That's a fact, being torn
asunder.
But to my suprise, no reason
why, one day i woke
up and realized.

Give it to me,
love. I'll keep you in my focus
with love and affection.


Ghosts of York (lyrics)
I know
we're all souls just
trying to connect with
someone, but we're all
left searching on our own.

Tell me that you could hear it,
three taps under the floorboard.
Don't say i'm losing it,
maybe you're deaf.
Could have sworn
that I locked
all these windows fairly tight.
Shut the door,
hear a knock.
She starts turning off the lights.

And from the corner of my eye
I saw you dressed all in white,
I saw you pass right by.
But maybe I had too much wine.
I hope you come back tonite,
you never said good-bye.

Tell me that you could see it,
a ghost who's skin is porcelain.
Don't say i'm losing it,
maybe you're blind.
Saw her walk
thru a wall,
turn her head and look to me.
In a York hotel hall
I am falling to my knees.

Softly, as your dress
flows, you say that you're alone.
But I know I can't leave you
lonely and on
your own.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario