sábado, 23 de febrero de 2008

Club 8 classics re-issued with bonus tracks

Club 8 "The Friend I Once Had" (1998) + 6 bonus track

With a glittery mix of jangly guitars, bossa nova and sophisticated, melancholic pop melodies, ”The Friend I Once Had” was a big step forwards for Club 8. Their debut album ”Nouvelle” may be regarded as a twee pop classic by some, but the band would happily bury most those songs under a rock. This is the album they wish was their debut.

"It is absolutely essential to own at least one Lp by this group. I'd probably suggest this one as the place to start, but you really can't go wrong.” 10 + INDIESPINZONE

Track listing
01 - Everlasting love
02 - All I can do
03 - Someday
04 - I wish you'd stay
05 - Holiday
06 - The end of the affair
07 - Summer rain
08 - Calcutta
09 - Tomorrow never comes
10 - Better days
11 - Karen
12 - Missing you
13 - Missing you (Permer Remix)*
14 - My heart won't break*
15 - The best of seasons*
16 - Missing you (Making love to a machine mix by Junior Varsity*
17 - My heart won't break (Minty cut mix by Sweet Trip)*
18 - The friend I once had*

*Bonus track
BUY RECORD
Price: 140 SEK (€15)

Club 8 "S/T" (2001) + 2 bonus tracks

You could tell directly from the opening track that this was another move in a new direction for Club 8. “Love in december” is breathtaking, soulful pop imbued by dark Scandinavian winter atmosphere and bittersweet melancholy.

"If a lover's arms were as soft and sultry as the music on Club 8, returning to them again and again would pose little conflict, and the same goes for slipping into Club 8." ROLLING STONE

Track listing
01 - Love in december
02 - Boyfriends stay
03 - She lives by the water
04 - The sand and the sea
05 - Falling from grace
06 - Hope for winter
07 - London
08 - Say a prayer
09 - A place in my heart
10 - I don´t need anyone
11 - Keeping track of time
12 - Love in December (Remixed by Les Espions)*
13 - A place in my heart (Remixed by Les Espions)*

*Bonus track
BUY RECORD
Price: 140 SEK (€15)

Club 8 "Spring Came, Rain Fell" (2002) + 5 bonus tracks


A start of a new era for Club 8. ”Spring came, rain fell” was the first album they recorded on their own in the now famous Summersound Studios which they share with fellow band Acid House Kings. The album sparkles of experimental lust with songs & sounds ranging from dub and electronica to smokey trip hop and folky- and acoustic pop.

"As summer slips away, wallow in some Scandinavian sadness with this Swedish duo's wonderfully soothing (UK) début."
TIME OUT (London)

Track listing
01 - We're simple minds
02 - Spring came, rain fell
03 - Spring song
04 - Close to me
05 - Baby, I'm not sure if this is love
06 - The chance I deserve
07 - I give up too
08 - Friends and lovers
09 - Teenage life
10 - Karen song
11 - The girl with the northern soul collection
12 - We set ourselves free
13 - Things we share*
14 - Mornings*
15 - You and me*
16 - Don't stop the night*
17 - Sounds from the gulfstream*

*Bonus track
BUY RECORD
Price: 140 SEK (€15)

Club 8 "Strangely beautiful" (2003) + 5 bonus tracks

The last of three albums in Club 8’s productive peak between 2001 and 2003 is by many considered their best album to that date. Includes the noisy and Northern Soul-inspired single “Saturday night engine” which was a clear forerunner to The Legends ”Up against the Legends”.

”Club 8 fans and indie poppers should be overjoyed.”
ALL MUSIC GUIDE

Track listing
01 - When lights go out
02 - What shall we do next?
03 - I wasn't much of a fight
04 - Stay by my side
05 - Cold hearts
06 - Between waking and sleeping
07 - This is the morning
08 - The next step you'll take
09 - The beauty of the way we're living
10 - Saturday night engine
11 - We move in silence
12 - I have no better plan*
13 - So tied up*
14 - Giza*
15 - People who would go for you*
16 - Sometimes I felt like a loser*

*Bonus track
BUY RECORD
Price: 140 SEK (€15)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario