lunes, 18 de septiembre de 2006

Takka Takka

Acabo de ver que sólo me queda esta banda para terminar de hablar de las bandas del player anterior. Asi que, allá vamos!! Supe de ellos porque me llegó un mail de Clap your hands and say yeah, los cuales anunciaban su gira con 2 bandas, una de ellas era Takka Takka.


Indie / Rock / Pop

Brooklyn and Astoria, Queens, New York
United States

WEB

MySpace

Componentes:
Gabriel Levine, Conrad Doucette, Damion Jurrens and JP Jones

Info sobre su disco We are safer at night (Insound)

These New Yorkers have some serious talent. What I found when I ventured to their simple (yet charming) website was a bunch of neat, folky indie/rock songs. Their sound is so familiar, but not stale. I spent a few hours last night listening to "They Built You Up Too Fast," "Joshua and Professor Faulkner," and "American Queen" trying to pinpoint who they sound like. Even after scanning thorugh my extensive iTunes library, I couldn't really put my finger on it. I heard a little bit of Yo La Tengo. A little American Analog Set. And even a little Neutral Milk Hotel. Yet those comparisions still don't really work all that well. I really can't wait to hear more. - Welcome to the Midwest!

Canciones:

-They Built You Up Too Fast -live-(mp3)
-We feel safer at night (mp3)
-Coco on the corner (mp3) (Fue la que sonó en el player anterior)
-Sofia -demo- (mp3)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario